Sunday, November 27, 2011

Half Dome Sunset with Mystical Tree

This image is one of my favorite images of Yosemite, probably because it was so difficult to make. I had been hiking in the back country looking for interesting trees known to be in the area.

There were many to be found, including this unique tree clearly shaped by time, and weather. But the light was waning, and I had not yet found the perfect combination of foreground, and background.

Sometimes skill isn't enough, you have to get a little lucky. I used a fill flash to lighten up the tree, and took this as the last few minutes of light struck Half Dome with color in the background.

This is one of the most beautiful scenes that I have been blessed with capturing, a perfect mix of great subject, and great light.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: